Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The blogging world

Hello world!

This is my first attempt at blogging so be gentle with me. I created this blog account many moons ago when I had the great fortune of joining a guild called Casualties of War - aka COW's. I just never felt sure of myself enough to jump in feet first until now.

My path to joining the COW's began when I was looking forward to a new game coming out called Warhammer and found a video by Brent discussing the game play of Warhammer. I messaged him and found out he was a blogger then found out he was apart of a guild (the COWs) full of bloggers.

I myself never thought about blogging, however I can out chat the most chattiest. If that ever became an Olympic sport I win hands down or in this case mouth down.

I was welcomed into the guild as I ventured out into the Warhammer game and met the most entertaining, thought provoking, and kindest people in the world through Brent. I will always hold a special place in my heart for the COWs. Bloggers all seem to be a bit quirky, but hey I like quirky.

So why call this the Daily Daisy you ask... well like many I had a hard time deciding what class to play on Warhammer and stopped and started many. On the order side I fell in love finally with my white lion. My lions name was Vincent and he ran off most of the time but still had fun.

Photobucket

But I really love goblins, however Warhammer decided to make the goblins an all male club no women allowed. Did I let that deter me? Nay I say, instead I made me a goblin ( a wonderful squig herder) named Daisy with a last name of Mae. I colored her armor pink and yellow and called her my flat chested goblin girl. With the encouragement of my fellow guild mates and fellow bloggers I created this website dedicated to that little flat chested goblin girl fighting for her spot amongst the all male goblin society.

Sadly that is where it ended I created the blog site and never went further with it. All the bloggers I have met have funny things to share, ideas on better gaming, and even challenging whines.. I felt what in the world did I have to write about that anyone would give a hoot about. Topped off with the insecurities of knowing my spelling and grammar are not spot on I let dust collect on my once feisty Daisy.

Well I finally broke out my dust hoover 5000 pro and cleaned off my Daisy and decided to give this blogging a whirl. After playing with Scary again and Oak I thought hey lets give this thing a go. I mean common on if Scary can do it so can I (wink wink). I kid I kid, but seriously this is a learning experience as I throw my hat in the blogger ring. I will make mistakes but I think I will have fun at this if not it might drive me to drink.

For those that know me or will get to know me let me also clear up any confusion as why I have in most of my toon names, tags, or even twitter or facebook with the name Butterfly. My first toon many years ago.. okay I think 6 years ago was an Alliance rogue named Butterflies. Even though I played SWG before and even EQ for me Butterflies will always be my first game identity that I hold close to my heart. I think we all have at least one of those toons.

I'm sorry Butterflies but the Daily Daisy had more of a ring then the Butterflies Buzz :) but I will always love you.

Photobucket

So here I go ringing in the New Year with blogging. Let the learning commence!

7 comments:

highlatencylife.com said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. A few tips for you.

1. Write for yourself. Don't worry about numbers. They will come if you stay true to yourself.

2. Don't worry about making mistakes, that's how we learn.

3. Make friends in this blogosphere world. The community makes this hobby that much better.

4. Any naked pics send them to me.

Ok that's about it...good luck with blogging. :)

Daisy said...

haha Rivz I checked off all those things naked pics in the mail

Oakstout said...

Welcome to the bad writers club or as I call it, Blogging. lol Well not everyone is as bad as I am, they just have a better spell checker than me.

From conversations we have had before I don't think you run out of things to say, its just getting motivated to say them which can be an issue with most bloggers, not Scary, but then he's not human anyway.

I wish you all the best, I'll add you to my blog roll and reader so I make sure I get my daily dose of Pink.

Scarybooster said...

Damn it! I wanted to be first. Like River and that other guy said, have fun writing and write what you want. If nobody reads it, it's cool because you got the crap out of your head. I have a lot of crap in my head and it spews out all the time. None of it is that great but I have fun doing it. I added you to my reader so you will always have one reader.

Btw Blogger sucks. Hate commenting on the system. Not very iPhone friendly

Rowan said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. I hope you have fun with the rest of us crazies.

@Scary, this blogger comment interface is not on my site that I am aware of. Maybe someone can correct me.

Daisy said...

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and great advice. I think I will have fun blogging and use it to share .. NOT scare (looking at scary) my thoughts and ideas. Sorry all out of naked pics they went to Rivz for being FIRST lol :P

stylishcorpse said...

zomg woot! bout time! :D